It is our wish that all children of Gaer Primary School wear school uniform. We know that the majority of parents find it convenient to have a school uniform. The Governors feel that the wearing of school uniform by all children promotes a smart, positive image of the school.
We are delighted that following the design of our new logo we are now set to formally launch our new uniform ready for September 2015. Beam, situated on Cambrian Road, are our suppliers and have been instrumental in helping us determine a range of new garments/items at a reasonable cost. Most items are embroidered with our new school logo (the PE shorts and t-shirt have a printed logo). It is not compulsory to wear items that display the new school logo.
There are some significant changes to our uniform starting September 2015:
• The polo shirt will now be white and not pale blue
• The new uniform has our new logo
• In Years 5 and 6 the children will wear a white shirt and tie in the Autumn and Spring terms
The compulsory elements of the uniform are as follows:
• White Polo Shirt (Year 5 and 6 White Shirt and Tie in Autumn and Spring Terms)
• Royal Blue Round-Neck Sweatshirt or Cardigan (Year 5 and 6 V-neck sweatshirt to sit well with shirt and Royal Blue and Gold tie)
• Charcoal Grey Trousers/Skirt/Dress/Grey Tights
• Blue and White Gingham Dress/Grey Shorts optional for summer term
• Black Shoes
• PE Kit Indoor-Navy Shorts/White Round-Neck T-shirt
• PE Kit Outdoor-Navy Hooded Sweatshirt/Navy Jogging Bottoms/Trainers
There are also a number of other excellent quality items that are available:
• A Royal Blue Bookbag
• A Navy PE Bag
• A Beanie Hat
• A Scarf
• A Navy Outdoor Fleece/Rain Jacket
I would like to remind parents that black shoes are an integral part of our school uniform. Increasingly, we have noticed that children are wearing trainers to school. Please support us to ensure that at Gaer Primary School we set the highest standard with regard to dress code. If children wish to change into trainers for break and lunch times that is fine.